FOR GIRLS ONLY 2

Read part one of this post to get the full gist...*winks*


Okay, a miracle happened and the miracle was very unexpected, it came at a time I least expected it. I was praying but you know the way most of us behave na, we will pray and pray and yet in our minds, we are rationalizing that what we are asking for will come at "so and so" time...lol. So this is how the miracle happened - I suddenly got leave for one week at work, and because the leave was totally unexpected, I didn't have plans except to sleep, eat and laze around. The first morning of my leave , I just decided to visit the Secondary School I had in mind for the program with my request letter. I saw the Vice principal and he was so pleasant, after a short discussion, he told me the school was going on mid - term break but that they were resuming the following Monday and he said I could come and hold the program on the Wednesday after resumption. 
I was surprised, frightened, happy, and some other reactions I can't even explain. I was happy because what seemed like it won't ever happen is suddenly looking like it will, I was frightened because I felt a week was too short to plan and I was surprised because I never thought it was going to be that easy. Anyways, to cut the long story short, with plenty encouragement and support from my sisters, and a lot of freaking out, the program was fixed for Wednesday, 13th November. The day came and I can't remember the last time I was that nervous, the teachers in charge were sooo happy and optimistic and that even put me under more pressure. The program was a huge success, I can't even begin to tell you how happy and grateful I was that God helped me to put together something like that. We discussed with the girls, had sex talks, boy talks, dating talks, hygiene, education among others. One thing I realized was that these kids in Secondary schools are experiencing far more than I ever imagined. The questions they asked ehn, caught me unawares. I discovered that there is a lot of work to be done, we all need to join hands to educate these teenagers the best way we can. There is no formal sex education for these children and even parents at home are too"shy" to talk about these things so they are left to learn from their friends, the media, music e.t.c and the end result is that they have are totally mis - informed. Some of these kids are raped, abused and they can't even talk to anybody about it. I even realized that some of these girls didn't understand some simple puberty details like menstrual pains and these were senior secondary school girls with an average age of 14.

Sex education cannot be over emphasized, as well as making sure that young people are rightly informed when it comes to sex, dating, education and so on. The responsibility lies on us to try and educate as many young people as possible. If we have young people around us, let us try to educate them, make friends with them so that they are free to talk to you about anything. My hope and prayer is that we will have a world where more females are sexually pure and responsible who will invariably strengthen the family system and the nation at large.

I want to say a big thank you to my sisters(the world's best), they were with me all the way, a big thank you to Mrs. Jumoke Biodun- Kuti who was there to talk to the girls and my other big egbons that suddenly heard about the program and showed up to offer their support and help. I was very humbled and grateful to be supported by such loving people.

Below are some of the pictures from the event...
                                      Mrs Jumoke Biodun- Kuti addressing the girls
                                             The students listening attentively


                               Moi answering questions and addressing the girls


              The girls of Babs Fafunwa Millennium Senior Secondary School, Ojodu.

Lets change the world "one girl at a time".

Thanks for stopping by, stay positive...xxx         

Comments

  1. WoW!! This is fantastic! Well done.. I agree.. one girl at a time, we can change the world.. God bless you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, God help us all to contribute to the change we desire. God bless you too...xxx

      Delete
  2. great job dear thanks for the challenge. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dami great job and well done. Truly impressed and hopeful that you can take this to the next level and beyond, "one girl at a time".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much... Praying and hoping to take this to the next level by His grace.

      Delete
  4. amazing work done!
    I actually have a leading towards something like this too.
    God bless you dear, as you continue to bless lives..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING FEMALE ???

ARE YOU READY???